One of the challenges facing organisations wanting to build enterprise-scale, multi-faceted applications is the need for
collaboration and resource-sharing between disparate teams of staff. AppBuilder's collaboration is best for large teams of software developers.
AppBuilder, incorporates a comprehensive asset management environment(repository) that stores all application-related artifacts.
• All application objects and the relationships between them are stored within a database environment known as the AppBuilder Repository.
That includes : analysis & design models, documents, data schemas, user interfaces, source code, executables and control code
(JCL, REXX, Shell scripts etc).
• Provides a holistic view of the system and unrivalled impact analysis capabilities
• Built-in Assessment and Management of changes to the business data model or process flow .
• Fully scalable repository that meets different project resource requirements, and can accommodate collaboration between many
hundreds of developers within a single environment.
• Integration capabilities : non-AppBuilder objects can be imported into AppBuilder repository through XML interface.
AppBuilder objects can be exported to non-AppBuilder applications through XML interface.
• Ability to share handereds of thousands of application objects amongst the development community.
• Object-level version control, release branching and complete life-cycle management that ensures adherence to the strictest
IT governance strategies.
• Large teams collaboration supporting of hundreds of developers and analysts and sharing of hundreds of thousands
of artifacts amongst them.
• Efficient application maintenance through object re-usability
• Fast implementation of application-wide changes through accurate built-in assessment and impact analysis.
• Maximized development and maintenance efficiency